When I have given my recipe for Primavera to people, some ask “well, what if I don’t like onion?” or, “Can I add meat?”
The answer is, sure! This recipe is an example of how easy it is to use what you have on hand or what you can afford to adapt recipes and suit your own tastes. Keep in mind good eating practices and what is the worst that can happen? You might decide not to substitute that ingredient again.
- Use a small bag of frozen stir fry vegetables instead of the zucchini and squash
- Use a medium or small eggplant for your vegetable
- Add 1/2 cup of cooked meat of your choice
- Add the vegetables to pasta
- Use mozzarella instead of Parmesan
- Omit the cheese entirely
- Use non dairy cheeses
The variations are endless. This is one of my “go to” recipes. I hope you enjoy it too.